Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Wallpaper DP????


Evening Bloggers :) Thanks for popping over :)


You may be wondering what my post title is all about - well I was in The Range on Saturday and saw this fantastic Bratz wallpaper, as soon as I spotted it I knew I had to have some as backing paper for the fantastic Kenny K images that I love so much!



I'm afraid I didn't buy a roll (I didn't love it enough to make 3000 cards!), so I told myself I needed to rip a piece off the 'tester' roll to take and check it was what my niece had been looking for...........just don't tell anyone that my niece's are way too old or young to be into Bratz! Ceri wasn't very impressed with me - even at the checkout she was still asking "Mam, WHY do you want that?" After I gave her 'the eyes' I think she realised!



I've coloured 'Kitty Katastrophe' with Promarkers, used a couple of pices of ribbon and added some colour to white WOC roses. A few pins, jewels and gems and the 'Bling it on' is completed!



I added some faux stitching around the card using my fantastic Seamstress' Tracing Wheel - the most amazing NON-craft item you can buy for crafting! Let me know if you don't know what I'm talking about and I'll add a picture of it (when I get new batteries for my camera!).


Challenges I'd like to enter this card for.....


Wild Orchid Challenge - Stitching

Passion For Promarkers - Recycle

Incy Wincy Designs - Sparkle!

Paper Playtime - Ribbon, Buttons or Rhinestones

21 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, what a funky card. The image is so cool and your colouring is fab. Glad you could join in with our recycling challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. carol,its a wicked card,love it and would love to see a pic of this new tool just in case i need it.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card Carol. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a fabulous card Carol, that wallpaper is perfect.
    When I first started card making the only patterned paper you could get was wallpaper samples I surprised we never got banned from B&Q.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Carol. Fabulous recycling! Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic card carol.so sassy!!! i love the image, she is stunning and gorgeous colours and paper :)

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic card....very funky and great background!
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! I can tell you put a lot of time, thought and effort in this card. And look how ROCKIN' it came out! Great job!! Thanks for playing in paper with us this week at Paper Playtime! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea! I love it! Thanks so much for participating in the Paper Playtime challenge!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great funky card Carol. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous card, but fancy nicking wallpaper to make it, I can just see your daughter's face, my daughter would be the same !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable. Love the attitude of the image. Great job on the coloring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hee hee I LOVE it :D Great idea to nab that wall paper it looks perfect!
    Thank you for joining us at KKKG and good luck

    Hugs

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous Carol, that paper looks as though it was made for your image! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great take on the bling,a beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at KKKG
    smiles
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabby card and the wallpaper works perfectly..thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Carol,
    This looks fabulous. The wallpaper is ideal for this brilliant image. Love it! Thanks for joining us at PFP.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card Carol
    thank you so much for your wonderful comments on me blog, I was chuffed/chocked to read them AWW fanks hun

    Speak again
    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a fab card. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week. Good Luck.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete