Thursday, 10 March 2011

A quick post with a couple of cards....

.........before I go to the dentist - Aaarrrhhhhh! I just HATE going to the dentist, I'm such a baby! I have to have x-rays to see if there's nerve damaged before we decided whether to have a root filling or take the thing out! I've never had a tooth out whilst being awake - 18 years ago I paid private so I could be knocked out but I'm sure the price has risen 10 fold so can't do that now! I REALLY don't want a root filling tho - it's bad enough having a normal one!!! Anyway, that's enough of me blabbing - I'll tell you in an hour or two if I have more metal in my mouth or less teeth!

On to my cards (awaiting any comments will give me something nice to think about in the chair!)



These are both for the same girl - as I'm sure you can tell by the photo's! They are for a friend for her daughter's 21st...1 from Mum and one from Grandmother...




Off Grandma..

I've used 2 different LOTV Calendar Stamps, First Edition papers, Computer generated sentiments, WOC Lace, WOC Flowers and gems.




Challenges I'd like to enter...

Wild Orchid Challenge - Anything Goes (Grandma's card as it has WOC flowers and lace on it)

Charisma Cardz - Easel Cards (Grandma's Card)

LOTV - Say It With Flowers (Grandma's card - as the main image is a photograph of the birthday girl rather than a different branded image, I was hoping the fact I've used the LOTV Calendar Stamps would count???)





Update....Silly Mr Dentist gave me an option! The x-rays showed possible beginnings of nerve damage so he asked me if I wanted to try a week of antibiotics to see if that settles the intermittent pain and another appointment in 4 weeks!
He should have a note on my records saying "Do not to give a choice, she'll chicken out every time"





6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,
    These are beautiful cards. I love your layouts and colours and the way you have used the photographs.
    Hope all goes well at the dentists.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and I love how you have used the photographs so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol these are brilliant and what a lovely daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Creations Carol, I LOVE the personal touch, brillant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are brilliant hun - she is going to treasure these! As for the dentist, you have my every sympathy (I broke a tooth last weekend) in respect of the fear factor. You are not alone in paying for the knock-out drops - cost me £325 last year - just think how many stamps I could have bought for that!! Hugs, Sxx

    ReplyDelete