Friday 2 April 2010

Altered Match Box

After my Mum saw the first Match Box I altered she asked if I'd do a few for her to give to her sisters for Christmas - nothing like planning ahead!

The match boxes are from the supermarket - they're the long matches for open fires.




I've tried to distress the paper that I covered it with - I think I've done ok this time round - it doesn't look like my usual 'traumatised'!!!


This is going in for the Allsorts challenge which is hosted by the fab Helene this week - I almost missed out too - only an hour left to enter this week!

I'm also going to enter it for the Simon Says... Challenge which is 'distressing' this week (the theme that is - not the challenge!)


6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,
    this box is absolutley gorgeous. What a beautiful gift.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous! I love it. Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is beautiful I love the lace and flower a wonderful altered project it has a great vintage look to it which is very appealing to me.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carol. This is so pretty. Love your distressing and that lace is just stunning.


    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skogstokiga is a Swedish rubber stamp company. You can visit her blog http://skogstokiga.blogspot.com/ to see all the stamps and you order by sending her a mail with what you want. Not the easiest way but they are so cute it's worth it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful box! Love the laces, the flower and the colours!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete