Thursday 28 October 2010

Eeeeekkk..........Spiders!

I don't do many Halloween cards but a friend asked me to do one for her hubby - they are both huge animal lovers so this gorgeous little Digi Image from Soft Pencil was ideal - how sweet are the little kitty and mouse in their mummy costumes!



Guess what cardstock the gold is................Yep - Gemstones! The glitter spiders are plastic 'toys' bought from a supermarket (last year!), there's only 2 stuck on the card (top left corner of image and orange one next to sentiment - the 'loose' spiders are just for photographic ambience!). The sentiment is done on the computer.



The image is coloured with a mix of Promarkers and chalks, I've cut out the 'door' and backed onto a piece of starry packaging card. I've used some foam squares around the cut area to give a bit of depth then DST along the image outer edge. I lightly distressed the image piece with my MM distressing tool.




Some challenges I'd like to enter this card for.......


ABC Challenge - Glitter (my spiders!)

Dutch Dare - Halloween

Cupcake Inspirations - Spooky House & Ghost Cupcakes, photo inspiration

 PaperPlay Challenges - A Haunting We Will Go! (closes Thurs)

Karber Monthly Challenge - Fantasy (closes Nov 1st)

Sentimental Sunday - Distressing (+ sentiment)



13 comments:

  1. This is soooo super cute!!! I LOVE that image...teeheee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the mummy cat! :) thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the door cut out and the mummy is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowww its fantastic hun, just love everything about it!
    hugs and xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Thank you for playing the Karber Monthly Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZA!!! its awesome... I dont make Halloween cards coz no-one I know in my family wouldnt appreciate 8oS them but next year... am defo making em lolol good luck with the challenges darl ;o) lotsa love n huuuuuuuuuge hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, omgosh, I haven't been over at SP in awhile to see this fabulous image! too funny! even their halloween images are totally adorable!
    Love this card Carol...brilliant design!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol I dont believe it I've actually managed to click your follow button blogger has been stopping me for the last 5 days!!! Anyway thankyou sooo much for your fab comments the lined paper on the Tilda tag I made comes with the paper, its a gorgeous set hun. I've been having a peekskie round your blog & its just fabberoony hunni & this halloween card is fab. Its 1 of the classiest I've seen hun & you have done an amazing job. I'm glad I'm finally able to follow would love to see more of your work. Hope you have a great weekend.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Carol - love those glittery spiders!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG Carol, this is awesome, I love it and it is soooo cute !!! ... I've just finished my Halloween Costume for a party I'm going tonight woo hoo... I'm going to have fun :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW mega cute! too cute to spook!! love this card! your friends hubby is gonna love it! have a great weekend hunny :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card! Love the image, fab design and your choice of colours are stunning.
    Happy Halloween!
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super fun and cute. Love the kitty and mouse mummies. Thanks for joining the CIC Challenge.

    ReplyDelete