Friday 11 February 2011

Some Valentines

Morning all,

A day off work today ....yah! :)

I'd booked the day to wait in for my new washing machine ...don't we take these appliances for granted when we have them - I've not done any washing since Sunday and I'm sure we'd all be walking around in our PJ's all day if it were to continue!
Luckily the delivery man phoned at half 7 to say he'd be here in 10 mins - so my new washing machine is now waiting to be attached the the water and power - hubby is home at 4 so that gives me a little while to read the bumf and work out what programmes I will be using! Washing machine will be earning its keep this weekend!!!


On to some cards I've done over the last day or 2....

I fancied trying a more CAS design and printing directly onto the card ....I always print onto cheapy copy paper first to work out the placement on the card.



The quote is from 'Cloud 9 and' has been heat embossed, the corner and scroll are Papermania Vinyl Stickers - they are pretty cool too!




This card was made for my friend and her 9 month old son to give to her hubby so I had to bear in mind that it was for a dad too!
The verse inside read....'To the World you are someone, to us you are the World'... I made it a little different to the original version but I felt my adapted version was more suited ;)



I'm going to spend the rest of the day finishing a Valentine Exploding Box for another friend to give her fella - may be able to show you later ;)







Some challenges I'd like to enter (either of) my Valentine CAS cards into.....


Saturday Secret Crafter - Valentine

Allsorts - Love, Love, Love

Sentimental Sunday - Valentine

Stamptacular Sunday - Hearts gone Wild!
(1st card, as that is the one with stamping on it too)

Dutchdare - 'Love is in the Air' and/or Red, Pink and White



8 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,
    These are gorgeous cards. I love the colours on the white card and the punched borders are magnificent.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant and stylish - love them both! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card Carol and beautiful words. Glad you got a day off work forget about the washing and enjoy your crafting! hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! Thanks for joining us this week at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
    Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful elegant cards and I love the verse.
    Thanks for sharing the love with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are beautiful cards, very elegant! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful creation for our Stamptacular "Hearts Gone Wild" Challenge this week! I just love it!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week! Hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete