Tuesday 22 May 2012

TTT - Dig Out The Old!


Good Top Tip Tuesday Morning to you all :)


We hope you all enjoyed our CaS Challenge, were you a winner?

This challenge we are challenging you to use something from your stash that is at least 6 months old - the older the better really!
Easy - make a project, name your 'Dug Out' stash (a Top Tip would be nice too) and link!

'Dig Out the Old'

Our Sponsors are....





The Lovely Emma from  Sew Sweet  is offering 1 lucky entrant
£10.00 voucher to spend at her yummi shop.
Sew Sweet stock a huge selection of Wool felt, buttons, ribbon, divine twine, Handmade personalised gifts, findings and more.Sew Sweet




The very generous, Ignacio from Nicecrane Designs is offering 1 lucky winner a $15 gift voucher to spend in his wonderful store.

YUMMY!


Here's my offering...

I've used Beautiful Ladies from  Nicecrane Designs
My 'Dug Out' stash is the Rose Organza sheet .....I have not used for about 4 years!
The ribbon I've placed on the edge of the Organza I opened for this card after buying it in a craft fayre about 2 years ago!!!!
Didn't I dig deep!!!


 Tip: Recycle & Re-use! The 'jewel' is taken from a hair-grip!

I've had a go at decorating my first pin too!
I added a few beads (I had lying around!), some cheesecloth and then when it was stuck to my card I topped it off with the 'head' from a hair grip!
I was inspired by a very talented lady whose blog I stumbled across last week, unfortunately she has has some terrible news so I feel it insensitive to send you all over to look at her work - I will however send you over soon.


I do hope you'll all join us and 'Dig out the Old'!



Some challenges I'd like to enter my card....

Joanna Sheen - Happy Birthday

Bunny Zoe's Challenge - Anything Goes!

Craft-Room Challenge - Add Fabric

Party Time Tuesdays - Vintage or Shabby Chic



12 comments:

  1. so stunning carol.i love the vintage image and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created a very attractive romantic card Carol, thanks for sharing with us at craft room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, Carol, that is really gorg! Hahah, I have some stuff that I've never used before too! Keepin' it for "just-in-case-occassions" that probably will never come around :o)
    Huggles, Alessandra

    PS: No, Bailey didn't catch any mice, thank God!! :o))) she doesn't kill them, brings them in alive and then plays with them and I have to catch them and bring them outside... bet they dye of a heart attack as soon as they are back in freedom :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so nice when you discover why you brought something, even if you did have to wait a while to get round to it? Your card is delightful, thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol. Just wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind comments. I have now left a top tip on my blog, highlighted in bright blue. Unfortunately as I have posted my submission on your challenge blog at TTT I can't link the word TIP. Let me know if you can help.

    Can I say that I love your piece, its so romantic. Love your pin too. TFS

    Annie

    ps I am now your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie - thank you so much :)
      I've added a comment to your post ref linking :)
      xxx

      Delete
  6. Absolutely stunning...I particularly love your jewelled pin laid on top of the fabric. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room "use fabric" challenge this fortnight. Suzanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are officially the queen of vintage shabby chic. A wonderful combination of diggin' out the old AND creating your first hat pin; which I might add is stunning! :) That would sell in a store in a heartbeat. As to the wonderful crafter you are referring to in your post, I do wish whoever she is the very best and so sorry to hear that she is going through rough times.

    Hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is beautiful, I love the vintage style of your image, and your hat pin is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card and love the hat pin! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol this is absolutely stunning! I love the beautiful tones and the layout is just gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete