Sunday 24 May 2009

Friday Sketchers #53


The sketch for this week's FS challenge is by Heidi - it's fab and so is Heidi's blog!

I've used The Greeting Farm's 'Skater Ian' for this card, coloured him with my Whispers and waterbrush.

The backing paper is 'Gunmetal Crinkle Foil' - I love it, it has a metalic 2-tone effect - this one is a bronze colour that turns green when you move it! I found it in Exeter's Paperchase last weekend. As we've not got a Paperchase here I had to buy 2 huge sheets of it!!!

I turned it over to cover the card blank - I wanted it plain but liked the fact you could still see the crinkle.

I wanted brads in top left corner but my metalic ones are too small so I used gold coloured large split pins from Staples (99p for about 100!) I wiped them in Versamark and heat embossed with copper powder. I'm quite pleased how they turned out :)

Sentiment is heat embossed with copper and enchanted gold powder. 'JOSH' is done with Doodlebug 'stick with it' D/S letters and glitter. THANKS for the letters Dawn - this is the first card I've made using something from your fab candy :)
Thought I needed to even out the colours, so I added a large glue dot to another split pin and glittered that too!




No comments:

Post a Comment