Saturday 19 September 2009

Stamptacular Sunday #24


Another great sketch in another great challenge - this card was made for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge Blog and is uploaded almost a full 2 hours before cut-off!!!


I've used another of my new stamps - this time Henry from WOJ - isn't he the cutest little meece ever??? Him and his Hot Chocolate loving brothers landed on my doormat this morning :)




The sentiment is from last years Christmas set from Kerry Jo, I can't believe how well it matches Henry and his bauble!





Henry was coloured with Promarkers - I'm really going to have to have some sort of system to my colouring - at the moment I'm still 'learning' and using one colour over another, over another! Ultimately I have no idea what colours I have used!!! I'd heat embossed the image with silver and coloured it only a few minutes later - the embossing started to smudge, so I will make sure I do my embossing way before I want the image next time!

I've glossed the bauble and Henry's hat - but took the piccy whilst it was still wet! Imapatient.................me.....................NO!


I'm really enjoying the effect I'm getting from adding the flourishes with dots of glitter glue - so did loads - again! Made a bit of a boob at the top - so covered it with a flower ;)



The paper is from the DCWV Old World Mat Stack - not a very Christmasy pack but I thought the colours were good!

The mats are not wide enough for 15x15cm cards and as that is the only size I seem to make I cut the blue piece, well it's not really needed behind the purple and now it fits!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol,
    Thanks for visiting my blog because that means I have now found yours.
    I love this cute card and that wee mouse is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....he's so cute!
    Love the sentiment too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card and the new WOJ images are adorable. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo cute Carol - what a cutie.

    Have a great Sunday :D

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done, I'm so jealous that Henry got to you before me :P

    ReplyDelete