Monday 12 October 2009

SSSC meets Allsorts!

My 'excuse' for combining this challenge is simple - I don't do Halloween gifts, cards, etc and will probably end up eating this one myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My little darlings grew out of the 'trick or treat' phase years ago and I'm not spending ages on pretty little wrappers to give to the local children who'll probably tear it off and throw it to the ground before they are a few foot away from my front door!

So until I have grandchildren to entertain I'm happy to combine Halloween challenges ;) !!!


For this weeks challenges with Simon Says Stamp Challenge and the Allsorts Challenge I've used a KerryJo stamp (the only Halloween themed item in my craft room!) and paper from DCWV Glitter Stack.

The chocolate bars are Christmas ones from Tesco - 2 packs of 4 for £1.20! and I cut out the 4 new wrappers from an 8x8 paper with more than enough left for the panel behind the image.

The box/bag ..........does that make it a bog or a bax!!!......... is cut from acetate - the shorter side panels are folded over the top of the chocolate bars, hole punched and tied with ribbon. The front and back are simply stapled under the image.


Do you know the hardest thing about this little project - finding somewhere to photograph it!!!!!!!!!!
I've hung it on the back door handle as that was the best place with the least going on in the background - ideally I would have hung it on the ivy outside - like a lot of my cards - but it's gone 11pm and a little dark!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol
    Great Halloween project.
    Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation Carol ! I love this image ,, I have never seen this one before, it's fab ! :-) Thanks for the link I will go to have a peek :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lorraine x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol

    Great image and project. And re the chocolate, if needs must and all that....

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant, very creative and lovely stamp

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous Halloween project ... love that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project
    Thanks for playing with us at Allsorts - and - enjoy your candy bar... :o) (I did the same with my DT project)

    ReplyDelete