Thursday 13 August 2009

Just Magnolia #17


This week on the Just Magnolia challenge blog is a fab sketch to work from by Martine.

The intial element I wanted to use for this card was the lace - it fell out of my ribbon box (well, one of them!) last night so I just had to find some way to incorporate it into Martine's sketch - I hope she feels it constitutes for the bottom panel!

I felt the only colour combo I could do with this lace was monotone - but due to me not having any of the grey Promarkers yet I had to pick a colour too! I spent ages matching up Promarkers with a selection of coloured card I fancied using!



Tilda's dress was coloured with a selection of the paler skin tones, highlighted with Gold and then blended with Satin - I'm still in the Promarker's school of 'keep colouring till it looks ok'!


5 comments:

  1. Oooh Carol this is so pretty - I love the lace it gives it an extra touch of class :D

    Hope you have been enjoying our weather,

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one very beautiful creation Carol that lace really looks fabulous and the colours you have used work so well with it. Tilda looks so beautiful is those lovely softer colours this is a gorgeous piece of work.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Carol, beautiful image and you picked the perfect colours to match that stunning lace...thank you for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Carol just gorgeous! i love the lace!!!

    ReplyDelete