This week over on Stampin' For The Weekend we had to alter something! Other than wrapping a bit of paper around old jars years ago - I've never seriously altered anything before - well not seriously enough that I'd want to show you!!!
Funnily, although I suffer from this lack of altering I still save absolutely anything that could be altered! Which makes it worse as I actually went out and bought this item!
I will confess I forgot to take a 'before' picture, but it doesn't take a lot of imagination!
As everyone else I'm sure, I am always on the lookout for the best place to store all of my unmounted stamps! I paid £20 a few months ago for a silver DJ's CD box - it has holders for 100 CD's, but my stamps are much thicker and I got about 30 in it!!!!! So I've now decided to find somewhere for the masses of others that are still NFA!
I bought a zipped CD case for the heafty sum of £1.99! I've decided I will have one for each brand of my unmounted stamps and as each case has room for 100 CD's, I'm hoping I'll have room!
This is my Whiff Of Joy case.
I decorated a backing panel with the WOJ images I have at the moment and a Cuttlebugged WOJ were cut for the top left corner using 'Hippy Chick'. The images were stamped with Onyx Versafine and heat embossed clear. I then painted Versamark (from the refill bottle) into small sections of the images and heat embossed with Holographic powder. I didn't want to add colour as I thought the mixture of images would look better monotone. The backing panel papers were patchworked and sewn on my machine and I then added a sheet of thick acetate to act as a wipe clean protector (I seem to get ink everywhere when I'm doing on of my stamping marathons!) I attempted to then sew the whole panel onto the front of the case, but my machine would have none of it! Therefore it is attached with Very strong DST around sides and bottom and brads in the 4 corners. This then gives me an outside pocket to hold my images before sorting and storing.
The holders inside are back-to-back pockets, one for the stamp and the other to store images ready to colour (Every 3-4 months I spend about 12 hours re-stocking my stamped images so I always have plenty to use/send as RAKs).
I finished off by adding assorted ribbon to the buckles on the handle.
I'm quite pleased with this, if I may say so myself ;) and am now looking forward to making a 'few' more :0